Week of April 28 – May 4, 2019
On-air Picks of the Week
- *NEW* NATURE “American Spring LIVE” premieres Monday, April 29, 2019, 8:00–9:00 p.m. ET.
- *NEW* KOREA: THE NEVER-ENDING WAR premiers Monday, April 29, 2019, 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET.
- *NEW* BREAKTHROUGH: THE IDEAS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD “The Robot” premieres Wednesday, May 1, 2019, 10:00-11:00 p.m. ET.
- *NEW* EMILIO & GLORIA ESTEFAN: THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS GERSHWIN PRIZE FOR POPULAR SONG premieres Friday, May 3, 2019, 9:00-10:30 p.m. ET.
New and Notable Video
· OZONE HOLE: HOW WE SAVED THE PLANET . Premieres Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 10:00-11:00 p.m. ET
· LES MISÉRABLES ON MASTERPIECE . Premieres Sunday, April 14, 2019, 9:00-10:00 p.m. ET
· RECONSTRUCTION: AMERICA AFTER THE CIVIL WAR . Premieres Tuesday, April 9, 2019, 9:00-11:00 p.m. ET
SUNDAY, APRIL 28, 2019
*NEW* CALL THE MIDWIFE (SEASON 8) “Episode Five” (CMID) (#805) (TV-14)
*NEW* LES MISÉRABLES ON MASTERPIECE “Episode Three” (MAST) (#4920) (TV-14)
Valjean tracks down Fantine’s daughter Cosette, but they need a miracle to escape Javert.
*NEW* UNFORGOTTEN ON MASTERPIECE “Episode Four” (MAST) (#4915) (TV-14)
Cassie and Sunny suspect the men are lying. The press learn James has been questioned.
MONDAY, APRIL 29, 2019
*NEW* NATURE “American Spring LIVE: Birth and Rebirth” (NAAT) (#3613) (TV-G)
See how spring's rising temperatures and longer days spur plants to flower and animals to transform.
*NEW* (KONE) (TV-14)
TUESDAY, APRIL 30, 2019
*NEW* NATURE “American Spring LIVE: Migration” (NAAT) (#3614) (TV-G)
Follow animals as they pursue spring's bounty and meet the scientists who track their journeys.
THE ROCKIES: KINGDOMS OF THE SKY (ROKS) (TV-PG) (R)
*NEW* FRONTLINE “The Last Survivors” (FRON) (#3711) (EXEMPT)
A landmark documentary about some of the last survivors of the Holocaust.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 1, 2019
*NEW* NATURE “American Spring LIVE: Connections” (NAAT) (#3615) (TV-G)
Learn how climate change can affect nature's perfectly synchronized partnerships.
NOVA “Sunken Ship Rescue” (NOVA) (#4202) (TV-PG) (R)
*NEW* BREAKTHROUGH: THE IDEAS THAT CHANGED THE WORLD “The Robot” (BREI) (#103) (TV-PG)
Check out the history of robots and learn how they are fast becoming a part of everyday life.
THURSDAY, MAY 2, 2019
*NEW* THE THIS OLD HOUSE HOUR “Brookline Mid-century Modern House | Can We Cantilever” (NTOH) (#1721) (TV-G)
#AskTOH | #WhatIsIt
LES MISÉRABLES ON MASTERPIECE “Episode Three” (MAST) (#4920) (TV-14) (R)
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW “Billings Hour 1” (ANRO) (#1510) (TV-G) (R)
FRIDAY, MAY 3, 2019
*NEW* WASHINGTON WEEK (WWIR) (#5844 (EXEMPT)
Join Robert Costa and noted journalists for a discussion of the big stories from DC.
@washingtonweek | #WashingtonWeek
*NEW* FIRING LINE WITH MARGARET HOOVER (FLMH) (#226) (EXEMPT)
Join Hoover for a public affairs talk show that delivers a civil and engaging contest of ideas.
*NEW* EMILIO & GLORIA ESTEFAN: THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS GERSHWIN PRIZE FOR POPULAR SONG (EGES) (TV-PG)
An all-star tribute to Emilio and Gloria Estefan receiving the Library of Congress Gershwin Prize.
PBS PREVIEWS “Chasing the Moon” (PCHM) (TV-PG) (R)
SATURDAY, MAY 4, 2019
11:00 PM-12:00 AM:
AUSTIN CITY LIMITS “Sam Smith/Anderson East” (AUCL) (#4403) (TV-PG) (R)
@acltv | #acltv