Ryan Fletcher and Hainsley Lloyd Bennett Set as Series Regulars in "Pennyworth" for Epix and Warner Horizon Scripted Television, Based on the Characters from DC Fletcher and Bennett will portray "Dave Boy" and "Bazza," respectively; both are lifelong friends of Alfred's from their army days serving in the same corps.
[via press release from Warner Bros. Television] RYAN FLETCHER AND HAINSLEY LLOYD BENNETT SET AS SERIES REGULARS IN "PENNYWORTH" FOR EPIX AND WARNER HORIZON SCRIPTED TELEVISION, BASED ON THE CHARACTERS FROM DC
Drama from Executive Producers Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon to Begin Production Monday, October 22, 2018 at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden, in the UK
· Ryan Fletcher and Hainsley Lloyd Bennett have been cast as series regulars in the upcoming EPIX drama series PENNYWORTH, from Warner Horizon Scripted Television and based on the characters from DC.
· The 10-episode, one-hour drama series is based on DC characters created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger. It follows Bruce Wayne's legendary butler, Alfred Pennyworth (Jack Bannon), a former British SAS soldier in his 20's, who forms a security company and goes to work with a young billionaire Thomas Wayne (Ben Aldridge), who's not yet Bruce's father, in 1960s London.
· Fletcher and Bennett will portray "Dave Boy" and "Bazza," respectively; both are lifelong friends of Alfred's from their army days serving in the same corps.
· Dave Boy, a haggard Highland Scotsman who is slowly drinking himself to death since leaving the army, is a close ally of Alfred and Bazza and also the most unpredictable of the trio.
· Bazza, a posh Bajan playboy, is highly proficient at logistics and a valued member of Alfred's team.
· Fletcher's credits include SHETLAND and OUTLANDER.
· Bennett's credits include CASUALTY and EASTENDERS.
· Production on the series will begin Monday, October 22, 2018, at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden, in the UK; PENNYWORTH is the first television series to film at Leavesden.
· PENNYWORTH is from executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (Gotham, The Mentalist, Rome) and executive producer/director Danny Cannon (Gotham, CSI series)
· EPIX, an MGM company, is a premium television network delivering a broad line-up of quality original series and documentaries, the latest movie releases and classic film franchises - all available on TV, on demand, online and across devices. A destination for premium content, EPIX is tripling the amount of original programming on the network beginning in 2018, with a roster of original series including Get Shorty starring Chris O'Dowd and Ray Romano, spy thrillers Berlin Station and Deep State, the return of Mark Burnett's boxing competition series The Contender and late night stand-up comedy series Unprotected Sets from executive producer Wanda Sykes. In 2019, the network will premiere new series Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker, Pennyworth, the origin story of Batman's butler Alfred, from DC and Warner Horizon Scripted Television, and Our Lady, LTD starring Sir Ben Kingsley. Launched in October 2009, EPIX is available nationwide through cable, telco, satellite and emerging digital distribution platforms providing more movies than any other network with thousands of titles available for streaming.
· A division of the Warner Bros. Television Group, Warner Horizon Scripted Television was founded in 2006 and is one of the entertainment industry's leading producers of dramatic and comedic programming for the cable and subscription/on-demand marketplace. Series produced by Warner Horizon Scripted Television include Animal Kingdom and Claws for TNT; David Makes Man, Love Is___ and Queen Sugar for OWN; Fuller House for Netflix; Krypton for SYFY; Pennyworth for EPIX; Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists for Freeform; and You for Lifetime.
Ovation Locks in U.S. Broadcast and Digital Rights to Seven Arts & Culture Titles from Sky Vision The series will air on Ovation's linear arts network Ovation TV, its digital platform Ovation NOW, and/or on the company's cultural-travel streaming service JOURNY.
[via press release from Ovation TV] OVATION LOCKS IN U.S. BROADCAST AND DIGITAL RIGHTS TO SEVEN ARTS & CULTURE TITLES FROM SKY VISION
Titles to Air on Ovation TV, Ovation NOW, and JOURNY Include Antiques Road Trip, Making Marvels, and The Pacific: In The Wake of Captain Cook with Sam Neill
Los Angeles, CA - October 16, 2018 Ovation has acquired the U.S. broadcast and digital rights for seven titles, totaling 75 hours, from Sky Vision. The series will air on Ovation's linear arts network Ovation TV, its digital platform Ovation NOW, and/or on the company's cultural-travel streaming service JOURNY. The announcement was made today by Scott Woodward, EVP Programming, Ovation and Gillian Rose, SVP Sales and Acquisitions US, Sky Vision.
Included in the package from Sky Vision are:
The Pacific: In The Wake of Captain Cook with Sam Neill (6 x 60') - A sweeping six-part documentary series featuring award-winning, internationally renowned actor Sam Neill as he retraces Captain Cook's voyage across the largest ocean in the world.
Antiques Road Trip (20 x 60') - Season 16 of the perennial favorite, that features antiques experts on their treasure hunt across Britain.
Celebrity Antiques Road Trip (20 x 60') - Season seven of this series that pairs two antiques experts with a celebrity in a quest to buy antiques that will have value at auction.
Illusions of Grandeur (13 x 30') -This docuseries features magician Zack Mirza on his quest to become one of the world's greatest illusionists.
Making Marvels (6 x 60') - Seasons one and two of this series follow Urban Arts Projects (UAP), an extraordinary team that creates massive works of art to order for anyone from banks and wealthy individuals to new museums and public spaces.
Tate Britain's Great British Walks (6 x 60') - Debut season featuring celebrities' walks with historians as they rediscover the landscapes that inspired key paintings. Features the works of William Hogarth, John Constable and Turner, amongst others. Celebrities include Richard E. Grant, Miriam Margoyles, Cerys Matthews, Michael Sheen, Danny Baker and Simon Callow.
Flintoff's Great British Road Trip (6 x 60') - Debut season follows cricketing legend Freddie Flintoff and journalist/extreme-cyclist Rob Penn as they set off across Britain, culminating in Freddie's beloved home county of Lancashire.
"This is an amazing package of arts, culture, and travel programming that is exceptionally well-suited for Ovation TV, Ovation NOW, and our new AVOD service JOURNY," notes Scott Woodward. "Sky Vision has been a great source for incredible scripted dramas, as well as documentary content, and it's always a pleasure working with them."
Gillian Rose, SVP, Sales & Acquisitions U.S. at Sky Vision said: "Our partnership with Ovation continues to strengthen. Sky Vision works closely with producers to make some of their best shows available for the U.S. and Ovation is a natural home for this content. Our deal with third-party producers has led us to co-fund amazing series, including Sam Neill's series on the Pacific, all supported by hugely popular acquisitions like the long-running Antiques Road Trip."
About OVATION America's Only Arts Network
Art has the power to inspire us, elevate our thinking, and awaken our senses. As an independent television, production and digital media company, OVATION has an unparalleled commitment to the arts, culture and captivating entertainment. Showcasing a lineup of critically-acclaimed premium dramas, arts-related specials and documentaries, and iconic films, OVATION salutes innovative storytelling, lives for the art in entertainment, finds beauty in the everyday, and applauds art in unexpected places. OVATION is available to nearly 50M subscribers via cable, satellite and telco systems including Comcast Cable/Xfinity, DIRECTV/AT&T U-verse, SPECTRUM, Verizon FiOS, as well as on VOD. Through THE OVATION FOUNDATION, the company is committed to advocating for the arts, nationally and locally, and has provided more than $15M in contributions and in kind support to arts institutions and arts education. You can follow OVATION on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, OvationTV.com, and through our App, OVATION NOW.
Animal Planet Launches New Global Brand Identity with Global Series Premiere of "Crikey! It's The Irwins" on October 28 The Animal Planet global brand identity will provide a multi-platform experience for every member of the family and begins as a phased rollout on October 28 in the U.S.
[via press release from Animal Planet] ANIMAL PLANET LAUNCHES NEW GLOBAL BRAND IDENTITY WITH GLOBAL SERIES PREMIERE OF "CRIKEY! IT'S THE IRWINS" ON OCTOBER 28
-The Animal Planet Global Brand with New Identity, Mission, Mark, Look and Logo Begins Phased Rollout in the U.S. and UK-
-New Brand Identity Brings to Life Animal Planet's Mission to Keep the Childhood Joy and Wonder of Animals Alive by Bringing People up Close in Every Way-
-The New Animal Planet Mark Incorporates a Distinctive Image of a Leaping Elephant to be Adapted Across Platforms and for Audiences-
New York, NY - Oct. 16, 2018 - Today, Animal Planet Global President Susanna Dinnage announced that Animal Planet, one of Discovery, Inc's great global networks, has a new brand identity as part of a worldwide strategy to take the network forward as a global brand leader. With globally-appealing programming and talent faithful to new brand values, Animal Planet's mission is squarely centered around keeping the childhood joy and wonder of animals alive by bringing people up close in every way. The Animal Planet global brand identity will provide a multi-platform experience for every member of the family and begins as a phased rollout on Oct. 28 in the U.S. and UK followed by all remaining countries and territories by the end of 1Q19 to create brand and content consistency across Animal Planet which is currently in 360 million homes in more than 205 countries and territories.
Animal Planet appointed Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv (CGH), an an independent New York-based graphic design firm specializing in the development of trademarks and identity programs, to design the Animal Planet global brand mark which is optimised for use across multiple platforms, responsive in digital and allows for the brand to diversify into products and services. Among others, marks created by CGH include the current mark for NBC, Showtime, PBS, NYU, Chase Bank and US Open.
Off the heels of 2018 successes ranging from Animal Planet's highest rated quarter (1Q18) in Prime among Adults 25-54 in almost two years (2Q16) to the network's successful first-ever global series premiere of Dodo Heroes, the most-watched 2018 freshman series to date, Animal Planet will blend consumer's highly valued personal connections with animals with powerful natural history storytelling and content designed for optimization on all screens and platforms.
"Animal Planet has been a much-loved brand around the world for more than 20 years and the time has never been more right to engage with mass audiences across every platform who are as passionate about animals as we are." said Dinnage. "We are able to reach all generations through our content and storytelling - we are here to entertain and delight by bringing people up close to animals and nature. With recent successes we go from strength to strength as we position Animal Planet as a global brand leader."
"Animal Planet required a mark to represent the global aspect of the brand, as an experience that translates across countries, regions and cultures and beyond linear: a platform agnostic approach," said Pablo Pulido, Vice President, Marketing, Animal Planet. "CGH is known for developing iconic brand marks and I'm excited they delivered a truly global mark for Animal Planet."
"We are thrilled to be working with Animal Planet and wanted to capture the energy and joy of this beloved brand. Building on Animal Planet's original mark, the new leaping elephant is fresh and distinctive, and should be able to travel across platforms, audiences and the world." said Sagi Haviv, partner, Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv.
Animal Planet's upcoming programming will expand on previously announced original series, beginning with the global series premiere of CRIKEY! IT'S THE IRWINS which provides a rare front row seat to the Irwin family's global wildlife adventures as audiences are introduced to the amazing animals and wild places that continue to inspire their conservation work that carries on Steve Irwin's mission to bring people closer to animals and ignite the connection that will ensure an abundance of wildlife for generations to come. (Eureka-14 episodes)
Other new series to premiere with the Animal Planet global brand rollout include:
· AMANDA TO THE RESCUE - With a joy and passion larger than life, Amanda Giese welcomes an eclectic group of dogs into her home in Washington State that others have given up on. Amanda believes kindness is cool and that every animal has hope. Alongside Amanda are her two kids, Jade and Beast, and her partner Gary. Together, the family cares for animals in need and helps them get the second chances and loving forever homes they deserve. AMANDA TO THE RESCUE premieres Sunday, Oct 28 at 9PM. (Indigo Films-10 episodes)
· BIG CAT TALES is a five-part television event that premieres Monday, Oct. 29 at 8PM, which marks the return of Jonathan and Angela Scott and Jackson Ole Looseyia to Animal Planet where they were first seen by U.S. audiences beginning in 1999. BIG CAT TALES, filmed in vivid 4k, is a stunning, all-new natural history series that will take audiences on epic journeys that will submerge them into the world of big cats for a first-hand look as their families evolve, cubs grow and lives ebb and ?ow, bringing the mix of joy and excitement that make these big cats so irresistible. BIG CAT TALES airs from Monday, Oct. 29 - Friday, Nov. 2 at 8PM ET/PT. (Untitled Film Works-five episodes)
Animal Planet is in active development and production on more than 25 new series that will inspire the brand's audiences around the world, to be announced later this year and in 2019.
About Animal Planet
Animal Planet, one of Discovery, Inc.'s great global brands, is dedicated to creating high quality content with global appeal delivering on its mission to keep the childhood joy and wonder of animals alive by bringing people up close in every way. Available to 360 million homes in more than 205 countries and territories, Animal Planet combines content that explores the undeniable bonds forged between animals and humans, optimized across all screens around the world. In the U.S., Animal Planet audiences can enjoy their favorite programming anytime, anywhere through the Animal Planet Go app which features live and on-demand access. For more information, please visit www.animalplanet.com.
About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery, Inc. (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world. Available in 220 countries and territories and nearly 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, including TV Everywhere products such as the GO portfolio of apps and Discovery Kids Play; direct-to-consumer streaming services such as Eurosport Player and Motor Trend OnDemand; digital-first and social content from Group Nine Media and a strategic alliance with the PGA Tour to create the Global Home of Golf. Discovery's portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe. For more information, please visit https://corporate.discovery.com and follow @DiscoveryIncTV across social platforms.