AMAZON PRIME VIDEO RELEASES OFFICIAL TRAILER AND KEY ART FOR THE ROMANOFFS,
FROM NINE-TIME EMMY WINNER MATTHEW WEINER
AS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED, NEW EPISODES OF HIGHLY ANTICIPATED ANTHOLOGY SERIES
WILL ROLLOUT EVERY FRIDAY – BEGINNING OCTOBER 12 WITH THE FIRST TWO INSTALLMENTS
Santa Monica, CA – September 12, 2018 – Today, Amazon Prime Video released the key art and official series trailer for the highly anticipated original contemporary anthology series, The Romanoffs, set to premiere on Friday, October 12 with new episodes released weekly, on Fridays. This is the first anthology series for Amazon Prime Video that will roll out on a weekly basis. The Romanoffs will be available initially in the original version in over 200 countries and territories, with dubbed foreign language versions coming in early 2019.
The Romanoffs is created, written, directed and executive produced by nine-time Emmy award winner Matthew Weiner (Mad Men), featuring eight separate stories about people who believe themselves to be descendants of the Russian royal family. Set in seven countries around the globe, The Romanoffs was shot on location in three continents collaborating with local productions and creative talent across Europe, the Americas, and the Far East. Each story takes place in a new location with a new cast. The first episode, “The Violet Hour’ stars Marthe Keller, Aaron Eckhart, Ines Melab and Louise Bourgoin and the second story, “The Royal We,” starring Corey Stoll, Kerry Bishe, Janet Montgomery and Noah Wyle.
Loglines for the first two installments below:
“The Violet Hour” -- Premieres on Friday, October 12
Set in Paris, an ancestral home holds the key to a family’s future.
Starring Aaron Eckhart, Marthe Keller, Inès Melab and Louise Bourgoin in “The Violet Hour.”
“The Royal We” -- Premieres on Friday, October 12
With their marriage in a rut, a couple finds their own temptations.
Starring Corey Stoll, Kerry Bishé, Janet Montgomery and Noah Wyle in “The Royal We.”
The internationally renowned cast includes: Academy Award-nominee Isabelle Huppert (Elle), Golden Globe Award-nominee Marthe Keller (Marathon Man), Aaron Eckhart (Sully), Academy Award-nominee Diane Lane (Unfaithful), Emmy Award-nominated Christina Hendricks (Mad Men), Emmy Award-nominated John Slattery (Mad Men), Amanda Peet (Togetherness), Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire), Corey Stoll (The Strain), Grammy Award-winner Andrew Rannells (Girls), Mike Doyle (Odd Mom Out), JJ Feild (TURN: Washington’s Spies), Janet Montgomery (Salem, This Is Us), Emmy and Golden Globe Award-nominated Paul Reiser (Red Oaks), Noah Wyle (Falling Skies), Kathryn Hahn (Transparent), Kerry Bishé (Halt and Catch Fire), Jay R. Ferguson (Mad Men), Ben Miles (Collateral), Mary Kay Place (Big Love), Griffin Dunne (Imposters), Cara Buono (Mad Men), Ron Livingston (The Conjuring), Jon Tenney (Hand of God), Clea DuVall (Veep), Radha Mitchell (Silent Hill), Hugh Skinner (Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again), Juan Pablo Castañeda (The Debt of Maximillian), Emily Rudd (Electric Dreams), Adèle Anderson (Company Business), Annet Mahendru (The Americans), Louise Bourgoin (I Am a Soldier), Hera Hilmar (Two Birds), Inès Melab (Agathe Koltès), Michael O’Neill (Dallas Buyers Club) and David Sutcliffe (Gilmore Girls).
The accomplished collaborators on The Romanoffs include Executive Producer/Writer Semi Chellas (Mad Men); Co-Executive Producers Kriss Turner Towner (The Bernie Mac Show), Blake McCormick (Mad Men) and Kathy Ciric (Z: The Beginning of Everything); along with Consulting Producers/Writers Andre Jacquemetton (Mad Men) and Maria Jacquemetton (Mad Men).
The behind-the-scenes creative team features an array of consummate artists including Emmy nominated Director of Photography Chris Manley (Mad Men), Costume Designers Janie Bryant(Mad Men), an Emmy winner, and Wendy Chuck (Spotlight), Production Designers Chris Brown, also Emmy nominated (Mad Men) and Emmy winner Henry Dunn (Mad Men). Hair and make-up heads are Emmy winner Theraesa Rivers (Mad Men) and Emmy nominated Lana Horochowski(Mad Men), respectively. The casting team includes Emmy winners Carrie Audino (Mad Men) andLaura Schiff (Mad Men), as well as Kendra Shay Clark (Mad Men).
About Prime Video
Prime Video is a premium subscription streaming service that offers customers an unmatched collection of digital videos—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
● Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our award-winning Prime Originals such as The Grand Tour, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Sneaky Pete, Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman and Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published content available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
● Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 160+ channels like HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, CBS All Access, Cinemax, and more—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
● Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV shows, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
● Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Apple TV, or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
● Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to Prime Video, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.com/prime.