SELECT CLASSIC "MURPHY BROWN" EPISODES NOW STREAMING ON "CBS ALL ACCESS"
In Advance of the Upcoming Premiere of “Murphy Brown” on the CBS Television Network, Stream a Selection of Classic Episodes for a Limited Time on CBS All Access
Sept. 13, 2018 – Beginning today, fans can stream a selection of classic MURPHY BROWN episodes on CBS All Access, CBS’ subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, in anticipation of the upcoming revival of the series premiering Thursday, Sept. 27 (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
For a limited time leading up to MURPHY BROWN’s return to television after nearly 20 years, CBS All Access will offer a library of 18 episodes from the groundbreaking original series, which debuted on the CBS Television Network in 1988. In addition, “Funnies Girl,” episode 18 from season one, will be available to stream for free on the CBS All Access app.
The selection of episodes includes fan favorites, such as:
- “Funnies Girl” – Murphy finds herself the subject of a cartoon lampooning her after she makes a sexist comment that inadvertently goes out over the air. (Season 1, Episode 18)
- “Brown and Blue” – Set to interview women-hating comic Tony Rocket, Murphy becomes increasingly concerned about her ability to remain objective during the broadcast. (Season 3, Episode 2)
- “On The Rocks” – Murphy feels threatened when Miles finds a temporary replacement for her because of her pregnancy. But Murphy’s substitute has a problem of her own. (Season 4, Episode 24)
- “A Year To Remember” – On Election Day, the “FYI” news team members each recall the first time they actually voted. (Season 5, Episode 7)
- “All Singing, All Dancing, All Miserable” – During a journalists’ talent show, Newt Gingrich, as himself, confronts Murphy after she makes disparaging remarks about him. Paula Zahn and Wolf Blitzer guest star as themselves. (Season 8, Episode 19)
- And more.
On Thursday, Sept. 27, multiple Emmy Award winners Candice Bergen and series creator Diane English reunite for MURPHY BROWN, the revival of the groundbreaking comedy about the eponymous broadcast news legend and her biting take on current events, now in a world of 24-hour cable, social media, “fake news” and a vastly different political climate. Amid a divided nation, chaotic national discourse and rampant attacks on the press, Murphy decides to return to the airwaves with her biting take on current events, on the CNC cable network’s morning news program, “Murphy in the Morning,” for which she recruits her “FYI” team: lifestyle reporter Corky Sherwood, investigative journalist Frank Fontana and former wunderkind news producer Miles Silverberg. Joining them is social media director Pat Patel, who is tasked with bringing Murphy and the team into the 21st century. Murphy’s millennial son, Avery, shares his mother’s competitive spirit and quick wit and is following in her journalistic footsteps with his own new show as the liberal voice on the competing, conservative-leaning Wolf Network. The team still lets off steam at Phil’s Bar, now run by his sister, Phyllis, who hires Miguel, a Mexican DREAMER college student working to make extra money to put toward his tuition. Now back in the game, Murphy is determined to draw the line between good television and honest reporting, proving that the world needs Murphy Brown now more than ever. Diane English returns as executive producer with Candice Bergen for Bend in the Road Productions, Inc., in association with Warner Bros. Television.
MURPHY BROWN stars Candice Bergen as Murphy Brown, Faith Ford as Corky Sherwood, Joe Regalbuto as Frank Fontana, Grant Shaud as Miles Silverberg, Jake McDorman as Avery, Tyne Daly as Phyllis, Nik Dodani as Pat Patel and Adan Rocha as Miguel.
About CBS All Access
CBS All Access is CBS’ digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service. In addition to its original series, which include STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, THE GOOD FIGHT, STRANGE ANGEL and NO ACTIVITY, CBS All Access gives CBS fans the ability to watch more than 10,000 episodes on demand – spanning current shows from primetime, daytime and late night, as well as past seasons of select series and classic TV hits – and stream their local CBS station live. CBS All Access is currently available online at CBS.com, on mobile devices via the CBS app for iOS, Android and Windows 10, and on Roku Players, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Fire TV, Samsung Smart TVs and Amazon Channels. For more details on CBS All Access, please visit: https://www.cbs.com/all-access/.