MEDIA ALERT: NBC SETS PREMIERE DATES FOR FOR "SONGLAND" AND "BRING THE FUNNY"
NBC, television’s dominant summer network by having won the last four summers in a row in total viewers and the last eight in a row in the key adult 18-49 demographic, has set premiere dates for its next two previously announced new summer series.
- Premieres Tuesday, May 28 from 10-11 p.m. ET/PT before moving to Wednesday, Aug. 14 from 9-10 p.m.
- The series provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity for talented up-and-coming songwriters to be exposed to and mentored by three music producers per episode who are responsible for today’s biggest hits.
- The panel of producer-songwriters includes Ryan Tedder (lead singer of OneRepublic and Grammy Award-winning producer of Adele, Beyoncé and Taylor Swift), Ester Dean (Grammy-nominated songwriter and producer of Rihanna, Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj) and Shane McAnally (Grammy-winning songwriter and producer of Kacey Musgraves, Kelly Clarkson and Sam Hunt with 38 #1 country records).
- The series takes an inside look at the creative process and provides one winner per episode the opportunity to have their song recorded for a global audience by the chart-topping guest recording artists featured in their show.
- “Songland” is executive produced by Emmy Award-winning producer Audrey Morrissey (“The Voice”), director Ivan Dudynsky, Eurythmics co-founder Dave Stewart, Chad Hines, and multi-Grammy-winning recording artist and Maroon 5 lead singer Adam Levine. Josh Gummersall will serve as producer along with Ryan Tedder. The concept was devised by Stewart, Morrissey and Dudynsky.
- “Songland” is produced by Live Animals in association with Universal Television Alternative Studio, Dave Stewart Entertainment and 222 Productions.
“BRING THE FUNNY”
- Premieres Tuesday, July 9 from 10-11 p.m. ET/PT.
- “Bring the Funny” will feature the world’s best comedic acts and will embrace every style of comedy performance in one competition.
- The series will feature the best of the best stand-ups, sketch troupes and comedic variety acts. From solo comics to musicians, magicians, puppeteers, YouTubers and more — anyone who can make audiences laugh will have the chance to receive the career-changing $250,000 prize package and see their name in lights in the “Bring the Funny” showcase.
- Judges are “Saturday Night Live’s” longest-running cast member Kenan Thompson, cultural tastemaker Chrissy Teigen and comedy icon Jeff Foxworthy. Comedian Amanda Seales serves as host.
- David Friedman and Matilda Zoltowski executive produce the series. Just for Laughs President Bruce Hills serves as consulting producer. The series is produced by Universal Television Alternative Studio.