NETFLIX SINGS A DIFFERENT TUNE WITH WESTSIDE
Launches globally on November 9, 2018
- Westside offers an unscripted and deeply personal glimpse into the journeys of nine young L.A.-based musicians as they follow their dreams. Each episode sheds light on their creative processes and personal struggles, interspersing cinema verité-style documentary footage with beautifully produced music videos featuring original songs.
- Cameras capture the nine musicians as they develop an ensemble performance for a potential live showcase at an L.A. nightclub, but also follow each of them in their daily routine of multiple jobs, dwindling bank accounts and long-distance love. Throughout the season, viewers watch as one cast member get married, while others end relationships, confront substance abuse and come to terms with complicated childhoods. Despite their varied backgrounds, all of the musicians have big dreams — and they’re willing to do whatever it takes to make them come true.
- Cast members include: Sean Patrick Murray, Pia Toscano, James Byous, Arika Gluck, Austin Kolbe, Caitlyn Ary, Leo Gallo, Alexandra Krekorian and Taz Zavala.
- Several industry heavy hitters assist them along the way, including, Grammy®-winning music producer Philip Lawrence, renowned acting coach Susan Batson, and music director Keith Harrison.
- Each episode of Westside features several full-length original songs and music videos, including original tracks written by more than 25 multi-platinum and Grammy award-winning songwriters and producers. The official 20-song soundtrack will be released by Warner Bros. Records.
- Produced by Love Productions (The Great British Bake Off) and Madwood Studios, the series is directed by James Carroll and executive produced by Kevin Bartel, Richard McKerrow, Michael Flutie, Sun de Graaf and Lara Spotts.
For more on Westside, visit our social channels:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/westsideFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/