CODY FERN JOINS HOUSE OF CARDS AS SERIES REGULAR
- Cody Fern (War Horse, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story) joins Golden Globe winner and Emmy Award nominee Robin Wright, as well as Diane Lane and Greg Kinnear, Michael Kelly, Jayne Atkinson, Patricia Clarkson, Constance Zimmer, Derek Cecil, Campbell Scott and Boris McGiver in the upcoming sixth and final season.
- The landmark series House of Cards - from the studio MRC (the studio also behind the hit Netflix series Ozark) - the first original series produced for Netflix, began production today.
- House of Cards executive producers are Melissa James Gibson, Frank Pugliese, Robin Wright, David Fincher, Joshua Donen, Dana Brunetti, Eric Roth, Michael Dobbs and Andrew Davies.
- The series was created by Beau Willimon and is produced by Donen/Fincher/Roth, with MRC as the studio, for Netflix.
- In 2013, House of Cards became the first original online series to receive major nominations from the Primetime Emmy Awards. The series has received 53 Emmy nominations to date, with seven wins -- including the first major Emmy for a streaming service for David Fincher’s win for “Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series.” House of Cards received six Golden Globe nominations, and two wins. The historic series has received 11 Screen Actors Guild nominations with two wins; an AFI Award; four Writers Guild Award nominations, with one win; two BAFTA nominations; four Producers Guild Award nominations; two Directors Guild Award nominations; and a Peabody Award, among other accolades.
- About Cody Fern
Australian actor Cody Fern was born and raised in Southern Cross, a small mining town in the outback of Western Australia. Cody recently joined the cast of Netflix’s HOUSE OF CARDS as a new series regular, after wrapping on Ryan Murphy’s AMERICAN CRIME STORY: The Assassination of Gianni Versace, opposite Darren Criss, Edgar Ramirez and Penelope Cruz. Cody shot the lead role in the feature THE TRIBES OF PALOS VERDES, opposite Jennifer Garner and Maika Monroe. Cody is the 2014 winner of Australians in Film¹s Heath Ledger Scholarship. Cody played Richard in the Australian Oscar winning short film THE LAST TIME I SAW RICHARD by writer/director Nicholas Verso. The first in his family's history to attend University, Cody achieved Honors Status with a Double Major for his Bachelor¹s Degree in Commerce. Shortly after leaving the world of commerce behind to pursue his acting career in Sydney, he performed in a number of professionally lauded plays, most notably: Albert in the globally acclaimed National Theatre’s production of War Horse.