VINCENT D’ONOFRIO, JON BERNTHAL, RICHARD THOMAS, LINDA EMOND AND EMMA NELSON JOIN ALL-STAR ENSEMBLE IN UNTITLED THRILLER DIRECTED BY NORA FINGSCHEIDT
Principal Photography Has Begun in Vancouver
- Cast: Emmy Award Nominee Vincent D’Onofrio (Godfather of Harlem, Daredevil, Jurassic World ), Jon Bernthal (Ford v Ferrari, Baby Driver, The Punisher), Emmy Award Winner and Golden Globe Nominee Richard Thomas (Billions, Wonder Boys), Linda Emond (Lodge 49, Gemini Man), and Emma Nelson (Where’d You Go, Bernadette), join Academy Award Winner Sandra Bullock; Academy, Tony, and Emmy Award Winner Viola Davis; Aisling Franciosi, and Rob Morgan.
- Director: Nora Fingscheidt (Systemsprenger/ System Crasher)
- Fingscheidt made her directorial debut with her film Systemsprenger, which premiered at the 2019 International Berlin Film Festival where she won the Silver Bear Award for new perspectives in cinema. Since then, the film has won more than 40 international awards and was selected to represent Germany at the 2020 Academy Awards.
- Writer: Academy Award Winner Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation) adapted from the BAFTA Award-nominated 3-part British mini-series Unforgiven.
- Producers: Academy Award Winner Graham King for GK Films, Bullock for Fortis Films and Veronica Ferres for Construction Film.
- Executive Producers: Nan Morales, Nicola Shindler, Sally Wainwright and Colin Vaines
- Logline: Released from prison after serving a sentence for a violent crime, Ruth Slater (Bullock) re-enters a society that refuses to forgive her past. Facing severe judgment from the place she once called home, her only hope for redemption is finding the estranged younger sister she was forced to leave behind.
- Principal photography is currently underway in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
About GK Films
GK Films is one of the foremost creative forces in both major motion pictures and independent features. Helmed by Academy Award-winning producer, Graham King, the company has produced and executive produced more than 45 films, grossing over $1.7 billion at the domestic box office and over $4.5 billion worldwide. Heralded by critics and film groups, GK Films’ projects have been nominated for 66 Academy Awards, 40 Golden Globe Awards and 59 British Academy Film Awards, among other accolades. The company most recently produced the four-time Academy Award-winning global phenomenon BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, which starred Rami Malek as the iconic Freddie Mercury and holds the title of the highest grossing musical biopic of all time. Previous GK Films projects include WORLD WAR Z, ARGO, HUGO, RANGO, THE TOWN and TOMB RAIDER. Additionally, King won a Best Picture Academy Award as a producer on Martin Scorsese’s 2006 crime drama, THE DEPARTED. King’s past film credits also include TRAFFIC, THE AVIATOR, GANGS OF NEW YORK, ALI and BLOOD DIAMOND.
About Construction Film
Veronica Ferres heads Construction Film, a production company specializing in development and co-productions. International co-productions include Werner Herzog’s SALT AND FIRE, starring Michael Shannon and Veronica Ferres; Nicholas Jarecki’s DREAMLAND, about the American opioid crisis, starring Gary Oldman, Luke Evans, Armie Hammer, Evangeline Lilly and Veronica Ferres; LOVE, WEDDINGS & OTHER DISASTERS, directed by Dennis Dugan and starring Diane Keaton, Jeremy Irons, Maggie Grace and Ferres; and SWING, directed by Michael Mailer, with Michael Shannon, Alexander Ludwig and Charles Melton. Currently, Construction is in production with EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE, starring Casey Affleck, Michelle Monaghan, Sam Claflin and Veronica Ferres. The company has over 20 feature films and international TV series in development – including the remake of the critically acclaimed drama THE CAKEMAKER.
Post a Comment